Contractor shot dead in Malkangiri
Malkangiri: Maoists shot dead a contractor, whom they suspected of being a police informer, in Orissa`s Malkangiri district, police said on Saturday.
A group of rebels asked contractor Purna Chandra Dalai (52), also a local BJP leader, to come out from his house near Chitrakonda, about 55 km from here last night, Superintendent of Police Anirudh Singh said.
Dalai was taken to an isolated place and gunned down near a boat ferry point, he said, adding the body was later found by the villagers.
Security personnel have been sent to the area to conduct combing operation and patrolling has been undertaken in the Naxal-hit area, police said.
According to the villagers, ultras had accused the victim of being an informer. However, sources said extortion bid was suspected to be the reason behind the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?