Controversy shrouds Ravenshaw girl`s mysterious death
Cuttack: Death of a Ravenshaw University girl student, whose dead body was retrieved by the Railway police from a railway track here Thursday evening, snowballed into a major controversy today when the girl`s father refusing to buy police claim, suspect that his daughter was murdered.
Police, however, after preliminary investigation and on the basis of circumstantial evidences believe that the girl either died falling accidentally from a running train or committed suicide.
"We are investigating all angles and are now waiting for the postmortem report," said a senior railway police here on Friday evening.
According to reports, the body of the first year degree student was found lying along the railway tracks near Gopalpur, on the outskirts of the city here.
The girl had sustained deep injuries in both her thighs and police found packets of rat kill and a train ticket from Cuttack to Bhubaneswar from her college bag that also contained her University identity card.
A brilliant student pursuing economics honours was staying in the University hostel and she was reportedly upset yesterday after her semester examination for she left a six-mark question unattended. She, however, obtained an "out pass" from the hostel superintendent to go for marketing in the evening, university sources said.
On the other hand the girl`s father, who reached here from Rayagada today, is unable to reconcile with the police claim that his daughter might have committed suicide.
"I had talked to her twice over telephone on Thursday and during our conversions, she did not appear upset," the girl`s father said adding she might have been murdered by her competitors with criminal mindset.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA