Cop suspended for `misbehaving` at Jagannath temple
Bhubaneswar: A woman police constable was suspended after an allegation that she misbehaved with the Rajguru of Nepal in the Jagannath temple at Puri, an official said on Wednesday.
The cop allegedly obstructed the Rajguru of Nepal Madhab Bhattarai when he visited the temple, about 56 km from here, on Tuesday afternoon. She also allegedly abused him.
The constable has been placed under suspension on the basis of a written complaint lodged by Rajguru, police officer MK Senapati told a news agency.
This incident of "misbehaviour" comes four days after Italian-born Odissi dancer Ileana Citaristi was manhandled by some priests outside the Jagannath temple. No arrests have been made yet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!