Cops raid Maoist camp in Orissa, no casualty
Bhubaneswar: A gunfight on Saturday took place between the police and Maoists in Orissa`s Sambalpur district, an official said. There has been no casualty so far.
The confrontation erupted when a police team raided a Maoist camp in a forested area in Jujumura, about 450 km from here. Police retaliated when the Maoists opened fire at them.
"No casualty or injuries have been reported so far from either side," Inspector General (operation) of Police YB Khurania said.
Police destroyed the Maoist camp and the combing operation is on at the site, he added.
Maoists are active in more than half of the state`s 30 districts. The Jujumura area is considered their stronghold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog