Cops raid Maoist camp in Orissa, no casualty
Bhubaneswar: A gunfight on Saturday took place between the police and Maoists in Orissa`s Sambalpur district, an official said. There has been no casualty so far.
The confrontation erupted when a police team raided a Maoist camp in a forested area in Jujumura, about 450 km from here. Police retaliated when the Maoists opened fire at them.
"No casualty or injuries have been reported so far from either side," Inspector General (operation) of Police YB Khurania said.
Police destroyed the Maoist camp and the combing operation is on at the site, he added.
Maoists are active in more than half of the state`s 30 districts. The Jujumura area is considered their stronghold.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`