Couple charred to death in Bolangir district
Bolangir: A couple was charred to
death after their thatched house caught fire in Orissa`s
Bolangir district, police said Tuesday.
The incident occurred at Belapada village, about 90 km
from last night, when the victims Bhubaneswar Meher (55) and
his wife Belamati Meher (50) were sleeping, they said.
Though the cause of the fire was to be ascertained,
the police are investigating as to whether the house was set
ablaze by any miscreant as it was found closed from outside
when fire broke out.
Villagers opened the door and retrieved the bodies
after dousing the fire, the sources said
The couple`s daughter who was sleeping in an adjacent
room escaped unhurt.
Forensic team of the police had rushed to the spot and
investigation was continuing, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur