Couple commits suicide in Odisha
Jajpur: A newly married couple allegedly committed suicide by consuming pesticide in their house at Sarifabad in Jajpur district, police said Tuesday.
Sagar Dalei (25) and Rita Dalei (22), married about four months ago, had taken the extreme step on Sunday night and the incident came to light yesterday.
After finding the couple`s bedroom door closed till late in the morning, Sagar`s father broke open the door with the help of neighbours and found the duo vomiting inside.
They were rushed to a local government hospital where doctors declared them brought dead, police said adding an empty bottle of pesticide was recovered from their room.
The reasons behind the incident was yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill