Couple killed as house collapses in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: A middle-aged couple was killed early Monday when their house collapsed in Odisha`s Subarnapur district, police said.
The incident occurred at Jambhalipali village, about 300 km from state capital Bhubaneswar, when 40-year-old Nata Nayak and his 35-year-old wife Surabali Nayak were asleep.
A wall, which was weakened and was in a dilapidated condition due to incessant rains for the last few days, collapsed on the couple.
Local residents took the couple to a hospital where doctors declared them dead.
The couple is survived by two daughters and a son who had a miraculous escape, police inspector NR Sarangi told a news agency.
On Sunday, four people, including two minor girls, were killed in the temple town of Puri in coastal Odisha after a dilapidated two-storey building came down.
In another incident, two women of a family were killed when a cowshed collapsed at Ektali village in Balasore district the same day. Four cows were also killed in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Actor evades media, refuses to say ‘sorry’ – Watch
- Amazing! Ahmedabad hotel made out of discarded containers set to woo customers