Couple shot dead in Naupada
Nuapada (Odisha): A District Voluntary Force (DVF) personnel and his wife were shot dead by unidentified persons at Dharnimal village in Maoist-hit Nuapada district, police said on Sunday.
Dhaneswar Kata (35) and his wife Nirupama (28) were found dead at their house yesterday with bullet marks on their heads.
The incident was suspected to have been a fallout of a family dispute, police said, adding that the bullet wounds suggested that the assailant had fired from close range.
Dhaneswar had gone home after an assignment in Maoist-hit regions of the backward district about a week ago, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?