Court acquits 3 in Kandhamal case
Phulbani (Odisha): A fast track court has acquitted three persons in a case relating to the killing of a physically handicapped youth during the 2008 Kandhamal riots.
Additional Sessions Judge of Fast Track Court-I, Sobhan Kumar Dash, yesterday acquitted Bidesi Nayak, Susila Sahani and Belalsen Kanhar in connection with the murder of Rasananda Pradhan Gadragam near Rupagam on August 24, 2008, during the riots.
According to the prosecution, a mob had surrounded the house of the victim, who was handicapped and unable to move anywhere. He was allegedly burnt alive after being doused with petrol.
Rest of the members of the family had managed to escape. Police found his charred body three days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi
- 'Nautanki, full drama CM': Arvind Kejriwal tweets praising a movie; Twitter explodes with hilarious reactions
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump calls Hillary Clinton 'world-class liar' as war of words intensifies
- United Nations criticizes repression in Bahrain, urges dialogue
- North Korea leader Kim Jong-Un says missile test a success, threat to US