Court acquits Maoist leader, 6 others in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A fast track court in Odisha`s Koraput has acquitted Maoist leader Chenda Bhusanam alias Ghasi and six others in connection with two murders committed in Naxal-hit district three years ago.
The court of additional session judge acquitted Ghasi (46) and six others yesterday due to lack of adequate evidence for the murders committed in January, 2010.
The Red leader was arrested on charge of involvement in the murders of Budi Biswanath Patra and Hari Sahukar of Katulpeta village on January 11, 2010. The two murders were executed the same night within a span of 30 minutes, according to prosecution.
The other six acquitted persons are Suno Pangi, Rama Padhi Tuala, Ahari Kendruka, Jama Wateka, Narapa Wateka and Narasena Hikaka.
However, the Maoist leader`s advocate Nihar Pattnaik said Ghasi would have to remain in jail as he is accused in at least ten other cases relating to Maoist offensives in the tribal-dominated district.
Ghasi was arrested by Koraput Police on April 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins