Court asks police to probe rape charge against BJD MLA
Baripada: A court has directed police to enquire into a complaint of rape against a ruling BJD MLA and his associate in Odisha.
Janaki Rout, Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate, Udala in Mayurbhanj district, directed police to enquire into the alleged rape of a 35-year-old woman by BJD MLA Srinath Soren and his associate Swarup Das alias Bula yesterday.
In a complaint to the court, the woman from Talapadia village alleged that the MLA and his associate had raped her in his residence on January three when she demanded return of Rs one lakh given to the legislator for getting a job.
The MLA denied the allegation and said it was a ploy by his opponents to tarnish his image ahead of elections.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan