Court asks police to probe rape charge against BJD MLA
Baripada: A court has directed police to enquire into a complaint of rape against a ruling BJD MLA and his associate in Odisha.
Janaki Rout, Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate, Udala in Mayurbhanj district, directed police to enquire into the alleged rape of a 35-year-old woman by BJD MLA Srinath Soren and his associate Swarup Das alias Bula yesterday.
In a complaint to the court, the woman from Talapadia village alleged that the MLA and his associate had raped her in his residence on January three when she demanded return of Rs one lakh given to the legislator for getting a job.
The MLA denied the allegation and said it was a ploy by his opponents to tarnish his image ahead of elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read