Court convicts 4 Nigerians in Rs 8 cr ATM fraud
Balasore: A local court Friday held eight persons, including four Nigerians, guilty in a Rs 2 crore ATM fraud case.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM), Balasore Devjani Das convicted the eight persons in the case and said the quantum of punishment would?be pronounced?on Monday.
The Nigerian nationals are Willam Joseph, Hennery, Albert O Hems?and ?Mike Douglas who were apprehended in Mumbai.
Besides four foreign nationals, four other convicted persons were the staff of CMS (Cash Management services), an agency engaged in security of ATMs.
The guilty CMS staff were identified as Pradip Nayakof Nayagragh district, Jagannath Tripathy, Rabinarayan Mohanty and Kartik Mohanty of Balasore.?
According to the prosecution, Rs 2,37,69000 was siphoned in the process.
The CMS was authorized to stash the cash in the ATMs of AXIS Bank, ICICI Bak, HDFC Bank and PNB.
The four staff members, instead of loading the currencies, had taken away the amount and subsequently deposited the same with a fake e-lottery account opened by the Nigerians.
The matter came to light after one month when the CMS authorities cross-checked the transactions.
The territorial manager of CMS S N Mohapatra had lodged an FIR with Sahadevkhunta police station in Balasore town on January 1, 2010.
A case was registered under several sections of IPC for the fraud and IT sections against the staff, the Nigerians were booked under foreign national act besides other sections of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow