Court rejects nuns plea, asks her to appear by next date
Cuttack: The sessions court here conducting the trial in the Kandhamal nun rape case on Saturday refused to adjourn the hearing as prayed by the nun and gave yet another chance to the complainant to appear before it to record her statements by next date.
Rejecting the nun`s petition and allowing the time petition of special public prosecution, judge BK Mishra fixed the next hearing on October 5 and 6.
Instead of appearing before the court on the day as was expected, the nun filed a petition praying to adjourn the case till the disposal of her pending petition in High Court in which she had sought for transfer of all her cases to the Cuttack court from Kandhamal district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him