Court rejects nuns plea, asks her to appear by next date
Cuttack: The sessions court here conducting the trial in the Kandhamal nun rape case on Saturday refused to adjourn the hearing as prayed by the nun and gave yet another chance to the complainant to appear before it to record her statements by next date.
Rejecting the nun`s petition and allowing the time petition of special public prosecution, judge BK Mishra fixed the next hearing on October 5 and 6.
Instead of appearing before the court on the day as was expected, the nun filed a petition praying to adjourn the case till the disposal of her pending petition in High Court in which she had sought for transfer of all her cases to the Cuttack court from Kandhamal district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know