Court verdict restrained in Saraswati case
Cuttack: The Orissa High Court Thursday
restrained a lower court, hearing Swami Laxmanananda Saraswati murder case, from passing judgement without its permission.
A fast track court in Kandhamal district is currently
holding trial of the brutal murder of the 80-year-old Hindu
seer and four of his disciples during Janmashtami celebrations
at his Jaleshpeta Ashram on August 23, 2008.
Investigating into the case, the state crime branch
police in the meantime has submitted two charge sheets in the
court naming 14 persons, of which only nine have been arrested
Not satisfied with the crime branch investigation, the deceased seer`s disciple Brahmachari Madhav Chaitanya had filed a writ in the HC seeking an impartial enquiry by an independent agency (preferably by the CBI) into the murder.
The petitioner also questioned why the police are not
probing into the motive and conspiracy angle of the killing.
Discontented with the nature and progress of
investigation, the HC had asked the prosecution to expand its
purview of probe and file a fresh affidavit in the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says