CPI activists on week-long padyatra in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Opposing the Centre`s move to make provision of cash instead of food for beneficiaries of the public distribution system (PDS), FDI in retail sector and other issues, the CPI activists Friday hel a state-wide padyatra in Odisha.
"The party launched the padyatra programme on November 15 which will continue till November 20," said CPI`s state secretary Dibakar Nayak adding that party workers would stage demonstration before block offices, tehsil offices and collectors offices across Odisha on November 21.
Among the issues which were being highlighted through padyatra were: restriction on LPG, price hike, unemployment problem and land record for the slum dwellers.
About 500 party activists led by CPI`s national council member Ramakrushna Panda and zonal committee secretary Sura Jena staged a padyatra in the state capital here this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video