CPI activists on week-long padyatra in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Opposing the Centre`s move to make provision of cash instead of food for beneficiaries of the public distribution system (PDS), FDI in retail sector and other issues, the CPI activists Friday hel a state-wide padyatra in Odisha.
"The party launched the padyatra programme on November 15 which will continue till November 20," said CPI`s state secretary Dibakar Nayak adding that party workers would stage demonstration before block offices, tehsil offices and collectors offices across Odisha on November 21.
Among the issues which were being highlighted through padyatra were: restriction on LPG, price hike, unemployment problem and land record for the slum dwellers.
About 500 party activists led by CPI`s national council member Ramakrushna Panda and zonal committee secretary Sura Jena staged a padyatra in the state capital here this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM