CPI activists on week-long padyatra in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Opposing the Centre`s move to make provision of cash instead of food for beneficiaries of the public distribution system (PDS), FDI in retail sector and other issues, the CPI activists Friday hel a state-wide padyatra in Odisha.
"The party launched the padyatra programme on November 15 which will continue till November 20," said CPI`s state secretary Dibakar Nayak adding that party workers would stage demonstration before block offices, tehsil offices and collectors offices across Odisha on November 21.
Among the issues which were being highlighted through padyatra were: restriction on LPG, price hike, unemployment problem and land record for the slum dwellers.
About 500 party activists led by CPI`s national council member Ramakrushna Panda and zonal committee secretary Sura Jena staged a padyatra in the state capital here this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list