CPI activists on week-long padyatra in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Opposing the Centre`s move to make provision of cash instead of food for beneficiaries of the public distribution system (PDS), FDI in retail sector and other issues, the CPI activists Friday hel a state-wide padyatra in Odisha.
"The party launched the padyatra programme on November 15 which will continue till November 20," said CPI`s state secretary Dibakar Nayak adding that party workers would stage demonstration before block offices, tehsil offices and collectors offices across Odisha on November 21.
Among the issues which were being highlighted through padyatra were: restriction on LPG, price hike, unemployment problem and land record for the slum dwellers.
About 500 party activists led by CPI`s national council member Ramakrushna Panda and zonal committee secretary Sura Jena staged a padyatra in the state capital here this morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says