CPI activists on week-long padyatra in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Opposing the Centre`s move to make provision of cash instead of food for beneficiaries of the public distribution system (PDS), FDI in retail sector and other issues, the CPI activists Friday hel a state-wide padyatra in Odisha.
"The party launched the padyatra programme on November 15 which will continue till November 20," said CPI`s state secretary Dibakar Nayak adding that party workers would stage demonstration before block offices, tehsil offices and collectors offices across Odisha on November 21.
Among the issues which were being highlighted through padyatra were: restriction on LPG, price hike, unemployment problem and land record for the slum dwellers.
About 500 party activists led by CPI`s national council member Ramakrushna Panda and zonal committee secretary Sura Jena staged a padyatra in the state capital here this morning.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'