CPI, CPI(M) want Naveen to take leadership of Third Front
Bhubaneswar: The ruling BJD in Odisha on Thursday claimed that CPI and CPI(M) wanted Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to take leadership of the proposed Third Front.
"Two Left parties, CPI and CPI(M) want that Naveen Patnaik take leadership of the proposed Third Front after the general elections in 2014," BJD Vice-President and Revenue and Disaster management minister Surya Narayan Patro told reporters here.
Asked whether the BJD would project Patnaik as the future Prime Minister, Patro said "Let the general elections of 2014 be completed. The party will take right decision at the right time."
CPI veteran A B Bardhan had recently met Patnaik and requested him to take leadership of the proposed Third Front while CPI(M) leader Sitaram Yechury had also made a similar request in the past.
Another BJD Vice-President and Health minister Damodar Rout had said that the Third Front would take a decision on whom to make the Prime Minister and added that the `clean image` of Patnaik was better than many other leaders at the national level.
While addressing his party`s 17th foundation day meeting here on December 26, Patnaik had said that the Third Front was the only alternative as the Congress was `corrupt` and the BJP `communal`.
Though he openly advocated the Third Front, Patnaik was yet make it clear whether he would join it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India