CPI demands CBI inquiry into ponzi scams in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Terming the judicial probe ordered by Odisha government into the chitfund scam in the state as an `eyewash`, CPI on Monday demanded a CBI inquiry into the scandal and confiscation of properties of ponzi firms to refund the duped investors.
"Fraud chitfund companies have duped people of thousands of crores of rupees in Odisha, but the judicial inquiry ordered by the state government into the scam is simply an eyewash to save its skin," CPI national secretary D Raja told reporters here.
Since there are allegations of involvement of many influential political leaders in the scam, it must be investigated by CBI or in an independent and impartial manner under the supervision of the High Court, he said.
The state government should also take immediate steps for confiscating all movable and immovable properties of fraud chitfund companies for making payment to the people who had invested their hard earned money with them, he said.
Steps should be taken for bringing strong laws against ponzi schemes to prevent recurrence of such scams, the CPI leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- French Open: Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis pair advance to second round
- Nextbit Robin launched in India at Rs 19,999; comes with 100GB cloud storage
- Faint-hearted? Don't watch this spine-chilling road accident video
- Volkswagen rolls out first Ameo from Pune plant
- Hyundai announces special discount for government employees