CPI demands CBI inquiry into ponzi scams in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Terming the judicial probe ordered by Odisha government into the chitfund scam in the state as an `eyewash`, CPI on Monday demanded a CBI inquiry into the scandal and confiscation of properties of ponzi firms to refund the duped investors.
"Fraud chitfund companies have duped people of thousands of crores of rupees in Odisha, but the judicial inquiry ordered by the state government into the scam is simply an eyewash to save its skin," CPI national secretary D Raja told reporters here.
Since there are allegations of involvement of many influential political leaders in the scam, it must be investigated by CBI or in an independent and impartial manner under the supervision of the High Court, he said.
The state government should also take immediate steps for confiscating all movable and immovable properties of fraud chitfund companies for making payment to the people who had invested their hard earned money with them, he said.
Steps should be taken for bringing strong laws against ponzi schemes to prevent recurrence of such scams, the CPI leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!