Crackdown on illegal nursing homes in Ganjam district
Berhampur: Two more private nursing homes were sealed in Berhampur as Ganjam district administration in Odisha launched a crack-down on illegally run clinical establishments.
"We have sealed two nursing homes in the town as they were found to be running illegally while our team raided the establishments yesterday,” Chief District Medical Officer (CDMO), Ganjam SK Patnaik said.
The owners of the sealed nursing homes shifted the patients to other places at their own risk, he said.
The administration had sealed another private nursing home on May 23 and police arrested its owner as the officials found that the clinic was functioning without registration.
The crackdown was conducted after a woman, who was treated in a nursing home, died allegedly due to lack of infrastructure facilities in the nursing home and negligence of the doctors, official sources said.
At least two teams, comprising senior doctors, executive magistrates and police raided different private nursing homes in the town, Patnaik said.
He said the raid would continue for some more days to detect illegally run nursing homes here and some other places in the district. There are 77 private nursing homes in various towns in Ganjam district, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief