Cracker explosion: Case registered against four
Paradip: After being directed by the local court, police registered cases against organisers of Biju Bichar Manch, including a ruling BJD MLA, in connection with a cracker explosion in Jagatsinghpur district which killed four persons.
Kujanga judicial magistrate Kujanga Alpana Swain
directed the police to file cases against BJD MLA Debasis
Samantaray and three others, Gobind Nayak, Sarada Mohapatra
and Sahadev Samantaray.
"Police registered cases against the four and
accordingly informed the matter to the court", IIC, Kujanga,
Gupteswar Bhoi said.
One Sudam Biswal had moved the court alleging inaction
on the part of police over the matter.
At least eight persons, all members of a musical
party, were critically injured when crackers being carried
in a mini truck burst near Kujanga in Odisha`s Jagatsinghpur
district on November 16.
Four of them identified as Dipuna Patra (12), Fakir
Patra (32), Bijan Patra (38) and Kailash Jena (35) succumbed
to the injuries while the rest were battling for their lives
in a hospital.
The crackers were being taken during a procession
organised by the Manch from Sandhapur to Kujanga as part of
their function when the mishap took place.
The participants were bursting crackers and dancing to
music when the blast took place in the mini truck, causing
injuries to its occupants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof