Cracker explosion: Case registered against four
Paradip: After being directed by the local court, police registered cases against organisers of Biju Bichar Manch, including a ruling BJD MLA, in connection with a cracker explosion in Jagatsinghpur district which killed four persons.
Kujanga judicial magistrate Kujanga Alpana Swain
directed the police to file cases against BJD MLA Debasis
Samantaray and three others, Gobind Nayak, Sarada Mohapatra
and Sahadev Samantaray.
"Police registered cases against the four and
accordingly informed the matter to the court", IIC, Kujanga,
Gupteswar Bhoi said.
One Sudam Biswal had moved the court alleging inaction
on the part of police over the matter.
At least eight persons, all members of a musical
party, were critically injured when crackers being carried
in a mini truck burst near Kujanga in Odisha`s Jagatsinghpur
district on November 16.
Four of them identified as Dipuna Patra (12), Fakir
Patra (32), Bijan Patra (38) and Kailash Jena (35) succumbed
to the injuries while the rest were battling for their lives
in a hospital.
The crackers were being taken during a procession
organised by the Manch from Sandhapur to Kujanga as part of
their function when the mishap took place.
The participants were bursting crackers and dancing to
music when the blast took place in the mini truck, causing
injuries to its occupants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH