Criminal gang leader shot dead in Odisha
Rourkela: A leading member of criminal gang "Pahadi Cheetah", who had been unleashing terror in Odisha`s Sundargarh district, was shot dead in an encounter with police Tuesday.
The exchange of fire occurred when Arjun Sahu and two other gang members clashed with the cops near Tangargaon under Talsara police limits early this morning, police said.
The gang had allegedly killed four people on April 16 suspecting them to be police informers.
Earlier, the gang had clashed with police on February 4 in which one of its members was gunned down and a constable injured. Since then police intensified combing operation to nab other gang members.
The gang had been striking terror at Talsara, Rajgangpur, Subdega and Biramitrapur area in Sundergarh district for last five years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!