Criminal gang leader shot dead in Odisha
Rourkela: A leading member of criminal gang "Pahadi Cheetah", who had been unleashing terror in Odisha`s Sundargarh district, was shot dead in an encounter with police Tuesday.
The exchange of fire occurred when Arjun Sahu and two other gang members clashed with the cops near Tangargaon under Talsara police limits early this morning, police said.
The gang had allegedly killed four people on April 16 suspecting them to be police informers.
Earlier, the gang had clashed with police on February 4 in which one of its members was gunned down and a constable injured. Since then police intensified combing operation to nab other gang members.
The gang had been striking terror at Talsara, Rajgangpur, Subdega and Biramitrapur area in Sundergarh district for last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India