Criminal gang leader shot dead in Odisha
Rourkela: A leading member of criminal gang "Pahadi Cheetah", who had been unleashing terror in Odisha`s Sundargarh district, was shot dead in an encounter with police Tuesday.
The exchange of fire occurred when Arjun Sahu and two other gang members clashed with the cops near Tangargaon under Talsara police limits early this morning, police said.
The gang had allegedly killed four people on April 16 suspecting them to be police informers.
Earlier, the gang had clashed with police on February 4 in which one of its members was gunned down and a constable injured. Since then police intensified combing operation to nab other gang members.
The gang had been striking terror at Talsara, Rajgangpur, Subdega and Biramitrapur area in Sundergarh district for last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday