Crorepati watchman in Orissa, owns properties worth Rs 2 cr
Bhubaneswar: Incredible though it may sound,
the anti-corruption wing of Orissa government had detected
properties above Rs two crore in possession of a class-IV
employee, official sources said today.
The government employee was identified as Rajanikant
Jena, a watchman at the state owned Industrial Development
Corporation (IDCO), posted at Cuttack Division.
Jena, whose monthly salary was about Rs 3,500, owns a
fleet of cars, three buildings in the state capital, a luxury
guest house in Puri, bank balance, deposits in LIC and other
financial institutions, they said.
On the allegation of acquisition and possession of
disproportionate assets by the watchman, the vigilance sleuths
raided his residential building at Chandrasekharpur Housing
Board Colony, here on Saturday.
"We searched Jena`s house on the strength of search
warrant issued by the Special CJM, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar,"
said a vigilance official.
During search, they said movable and immovable assets
were found in possession of Jena`s name and in the name of his
"Movable assets like, costly household articles, some
luxury cars and Gold ornaments weighing about 205 gms.
Deposits in different banks and post offices worth Rs
29,96,290 and LIC Rs 21,56,386 and cash Rs.33,43,960 have
been detected," an official release said.
Immovable assets included one four storied building at
Baliapanda, Puri and one building at Chandrasekharpur Housing
Board Colony, Bhubaneswar, three numbers of MIG-II houses at
Chandrasekharpur, total worth Rs 1,20,67,000 have also been
detected, it said.
Total movable and immovable assets so far detected
during house search, is calculated at Rs 2,05,63,636
approximately, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra
- Seven lakh applicants for Punjab Police to face dope test
- Turkey forms state of emergency coordination committee