Crorepati watchman in Orissa, owns properties worth Rs 2 cr
Bhubaneswar: Incredible though it may sound,
the anti-corruption wing of Orissa government had detected
properties above Rs two crore in possession of a class-IV
employee, official sources said today.
The government employee was identified as Rajanikant
Jena, a watchman at the state owned Industrial Development
Corporation (IDCO), posted at Cuttack Division.
Jena, whose monthly salary was about Rs 3,500, owns a
fleet of cars, three buildings in the state capital, a luxury
guest house in Puri, bank balance, deposits in LIC and other
financial institutions, they said.
On the allegation of acquisition and possession of
disproportionate assets by the watchman, the vigilance sleuths
raided his residential building at Chandrasekharpur Housing
Board Colony, here on Saturday.
"We searched Jena`s house on the strength of search
warrant issued by the Special CJM, Vigilance, Bhubaneswar,"
said a vigilance official.
During search, they said movable and immovable assets
were found in possession of Jena`s name and in the name of his
"Movable assets like, costly household articles, some
luxury cars and Gold ornaments weighing about 205 gms.
Deposits in different banks and post offices worth Rs
29,96,290 and LIC Rs 21,56,386 and cash Rs.33,43,960 have
been detected," an official release said.
Immovable assets included one four storied building at
Baliapanda, Puri and one building at Chandrasekharpur Housing
Board Colony, Bhubaneswar, three numbers of MIG-II houses at
Chandrasekharpur, total worth Rs 1,20,67,000 have also been
detected, it said.
Total movable and immovable assets so far detected
during house search, is calculated at Rs 2,05,63,636
approximately, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured