CRPF constable arrested for fleeing away with cash, car in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A CRPF constable was arrested at Berhampur in Odisha`s Ganjam district for allegedly looting Rs one lakh and decamping with an acquaintance`s car on July 20, police said on Wednesday.
The accused has been identified as Arun Kumar Bhuiyan, a resident of Baulojodi in Ganjam district.
During his posting in Malkangiri district, Bhuiyan had come in contact with Ghasi Ram Nayak of Mathili village.
Ghasi along with a friend Santanu met Bhuiyan at Jagdalpur in Chhatisgarh on July 20, where they had gone on a personal chore. The constable accompanied the duo in Santanu`s car and they shared a hotel room in Jeypore, police said.
"While Ghasi and his friend were asleep, Bhuiyan decamped with Santanu`s Rs 1 lakh, cell-phone and ATM card. He locked the room from outside and made away with the car," said inspector in charge of Jeypore Town police station Surya Mani Pradhan.
"Bhuiyan, arrested yesterday, will be produced in a court at Berhampur and brought to Jeypore on transit remand," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference