CRPF constable arrested for fleeing away with cash, car in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A CRPF constable was arrested at Berhampur in Odisha`s Ganjam district for allegedly looting Rs one lakh and decamping with an acquaintance`s car on July 20, police said on Wednesday.
The accused has been identified as Arun Kumar Bhuiyan, a resident of Baulojodi in Ganjam district.
During his posting in Malkangiri district, Bhuiyan had come in contact with Ghasi Ram Nayak of Mathili village.
Ghasi along with a friend Santanu met Bhuiyan at Jagdalpur in Chhatisgarh on July 20, where they had gone on a personal chore. The constable accompanied the duo in Santanu`s car and they shared a hotel room in Jeypore, police said.
"While Ghasi and his friend were asleep, Bhuiyan decamped with Santanu`s Rs 1 lakh, cell-phone and ATM card. He locked the room from outside and made away with the car," said inspector in charge of Jeypore Town police station Surya Mani Pradhan.
"Bhuiyan, arrested yesterday, will be produced in a court at Berhampur and brought to Jeypore on transit remand," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam