CRPF constable arrested for fleeing away with cash, car in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A CRPF constable was arrested at Berhampur in Odisha`s Ganjam district for allegedly looting Rs one lakh and decamping with an acquaintance`s car on July 20, police said on Wednesday.
The accused has been identified as Arun Kumar Bhuiyan, a resident of Baulojodi in Ganjam district.
During his posting in Malkangiri district, Bhuiyan had come in contact with Ghasi Ram Nayak of Mathili village.
Ghasi along with a friend Santanu met Bhuiyan at Jagdalpur in Chhatisgarh on July 20, where they had gone on a personal chore. The constable accompanied the duo in Santanu`s car and they shared a hotel room in Jeypore, police said.
"While Ghasi and his friend were asleep, Bhuiyan decamped with Santanu`s Rs 1 lakh, cell-phone and ATM card. He locked the room from outside and made away with the car," said inspector in charge of Jeypore Town police station Surya Mani Pradhan.
"Bhuiyan, arrested yesterday, will be produced in a court at Berhampur and brought to Jeypore on transit remand," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone
- Rocky, the Orangutan, mimics human sounds – Watch it to believe it
- Turkey continues crackdown, shuts dozens of media outlets
- Apple to rely on apps and services after disappointing sales