CRPF constable arrested for fleeing away with cash, car in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A CRPF constable was arrested at Berhampur in Odisha`s Ganjam district for allegedly looting Rs one lakh and decamping with an acquaintance`s car on July 20, police said on Wednesday.
The accused has been identified as Arun Kumar Bhuiyan, a resident of Baulojodi in Ganjam district.
During his posting in Malkangiri district, Bhuiyan had come in contact with Ghasi Ram Nayak of Mathili village.
Ghasi along with a friend Santanu met Bhuiyan at Jagdalpur in Chhatisgarh on July 20, where they had gone on a personal chore. The constable accompanied the duo in Santanu`s car and they shared a hotel room in Jeypore, police said.
"While Ghasi and his friend were asleep, Bhuiyan decamped with Santanu`s Rs 1 lakh, cell-phone and ATM card. He locked the room from outside and made away with the car," said inspector in charge of Jeypore Town police station Surya Mani Pradhan.
"Bhuiyan, arrested yesterday, will be produced in a court at Berhampur and brought to Jeypore on transit remand," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees