CRPF constable arrested for fleeing away with cash, car in Odisha
Koraput (Odisha): A CRPF constable was arrested at Berhampur in Odisha`s Ganjam district for allegedly looting Rs one lakh and decamping with an acquaintance`s car on July 20, police said on Wednesday.
The accused has been identified as Arun Kumar Bhuiyan, a resident of Baulojodi in Ganjam district.
During his posting in Malkangiri district, Bhuiyan had come in contact with Ghasi Ram Nayak of Mathili village.
Ghasi along with a friend Santanu met Bhuiyan at Jagdalpur in Chhatisgarh on July 20, where they had gone on a personal chore. The constable accompanied the duo in Santanu`s car and they shared a hotel room in Jeypore, police said.
"While Ghasi and his friend were asleep, Bhuiyan decamped with Santanu`s Rs 1 lakh, cell-phone and ATM card. He locked the room from outside and made away with the car," said inspector in charge of Jeypore Town police station Surya Mani Pradhan.
"Bhuiyan, arrested yesterday, will be produced in a court at Berhampur and brought to Jeypore on transit remand," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble