Cuttack murder accused remanded in jail custody
Cuttack: Ten days after the murder of a college girl here, police claimed to have arrested the
main accused, a cousin of the victim, along with five of his associates.
Police also claimed to have recovered a revolver, three rounds of live bullets, seven cell phones and three motorcycles from the accused.
Sources said all the accused were yesterday booked under similar offences of murder along with Section 34 of Arms Act and were remanded to jail custody yesterday after their bails were rejected in the court.
The arrested include the main accused Sunil Prusty (23), his associates Sankar Mandal (25), Bijan Kumar Das (23), Hrudananda Das (25), Devi Prasad Das (23) and Sidhhartha Prusty (22). While Sunil and Sidhhartha belong to Purighat area, Mandal is a resident of Tala Telenga Bazaar and the remaining are from the Bidyadharpur Basheli Sahi.
Sunil and his friends had allegedly shot dead one Sunita Prusty (19) on the night of October 11 here over a family property dispute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!