Cuttack relief loot case: RDC, DM initiates joint probe
Cuttack: Revenue Divisional Commissioner (RDC) Central Division RDC Arvind Padhee and Cuttack District Magistrate Girish S N today began a joint enquiry into the `relief loot` allegations against some ruling BJD corporators of Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC).
Both the officials went to the CMC office and quizzed the CMC commissioner N R Mohapatra and several corporators on the allegations.
"We are making a comprehensive enquiry into the allegations, which are serious in nature and on the basis of our findings, actions shall be taken against those found guilty," the RDC told reporters.
Meanwhile, the CMC commissioner has asked all the corporators to return the excess of relief materials they had forcibly taken away from the CMC office on October 12, the day after the devastating cyclone hit the state.
"The corporators have been asked to submit the details of the relief materials they had taken, how much of it were distributed along with proof and return back the excess quantity to the civic body within seven days," Mohapatra said clearly indicating that some corporators had actually taken away the relief materials by bullying the CMC officials.
On the other hand, the BJD corporators squarely blamed officials (both district and civic body) for failing to distribute the relief materials properly to the affected people during the cyclone.
While authorities declared to provide cooked food for three days through four free kitchens across the city to about 40,000 affected people, not a single morsel was distributed in any of the designated four kitchens ever, the corporators complained.
The city Congress party was first to bring this looting incident into light and subsequently lodged a police complaint demanding action against the culprits in accordance to law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 17 die in fire at Ukraine home for elderly
- PM Narendra Modi to visit five nations from June 4; to take up black money issue with Swiss President
- Sharks possess distinct personalities like humans
- 'Sultan' new poster: See robust Salman Khan turns 'Golden Sultan' magnifying the aura!
- Bihar class 10th result 2016 declared; check Bihar Board Matric class 10 Results 2016 on biharboard.bih.nic.in