Cuttack scribes lodge FIR against ruling BJD workers
Cuttack: A scribe of a local TV channel on Tuesday
alleged that ruling BJD activists attacked him and forced him
and his cameraman to hand over their recording cassettes which
contain recordings of the BJD activists attacking BJP workers
at Banki yesterday.
"Even pleas to local MLA and local police inspector to
come to our rescue yielded no results as both refused to
interfere. More shockingly, a police officer in the rank of an
ASI also heckled and taunted us," Kiran Kumar Kanungo, the
local TC channel scribe alleged.
Kanungo alleged the incident occurred at a meeting in
Banki, about 40 km from here yesterday where a group of BJP
workers were mercilessly attacked by ruling party supporters
when the opposite party members showed black flag. The
unsavory incident happened in presence of State agriculture
minister Damodar Rout and local BJD legislator Pravat
Kanungo filed an FIR against the attackers and submitted
it to the Rural SP Rajanikanta Mishra here. Accepting the FIR,
the SP assured the the journalist delegation which accompanied
Kanungo that appropriate action would be taken against the
attackers as per law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27