Cuttack scribes lodge FIR against ruling BJD workers
Cuttack: A scribe of a local TV channel on Tuesday
alleged that ruling BJD activists attacked him and forced him
and his cameraman to hand over their recording cassettes which
contain recordings of the BJD activists attacking BJP workers
at Banki yesterday.
"Even pleas to local MLA and local police inspector to
come to our rescue yielded no results as both refused to
interfere. More shockingly, a police officer in the rank of an
ASI also heckled and taunted us," Kiran Kumar Kanungo, the
local TC channel scribe alleged.
Kanungo alleged the incident occurred at a meeting in
Banki, about 40 km from here yesterday where a group of BJP
workers were mercilessly attacked by ruling party supporters
when the opposite party members showed black flag. The
unsavory incident happened in presence of State agriculture
minister Damodar Rout and local BJD legislator Pravat
Kanungo filed an FIR against the attackers and submitted
it to the Rural SP Rajanikanta Mishra here. Accepting the FIR,
the SP assured the the journalist delegation which accompanied
Kanungo that appropriate action would be taken against the
attackers as per law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!