Cuttack scribes lodge FIR against ruling BJD workers
Cuttack: A scribe of a local TV channel on Tuesday
alleged that ruling BJD activists attacked him and forced him
and his cameraman to hand over their recording cassettes which
contain recordings of the BJD activists attacking BJP workers
at Banki yesterday.
"Even pleas to local MLA and local police inspector to
come to our rescue yielded no results as both refused to
interfere. More shockingly, a police officer in the rank of an
ASI also heckled and taunted us," Kiran Kumar Kanungo, the
local TC channel scribe alleged.
Kanungo alleged the incident occurred at a meeting in
Banki, about 40 km from here yesterday where a group of BJP
workers were mercilessly attacked by ruling party supporters
when the opposite party members showed black flag. The
unsavory incident happened in presence of State agriculture
minister Damodar Rout and local BJD legislator Pravat
Kanungo filed an FIR against the attackers and submitted
it to the Rural SP Rajanikanta Mishra here. Accepting the FIR,
the SP assured the the journalist delegation which accompanied
Kanungo that appropriate action would be taken against the
attackers as per law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy