Cyclone Phailin: Rescue ops continue as thousands still stranded in floods
Zee Media Bureau
Bhubaneswar: Rescue operations continued for the third day on Wednesday even as thousands of people were stranded in floods in several parts of the state.
The worse-hit area was Balasore district in which rescue officials tried to reach people and provide them with food and other essentials.
Balasore, Mayurbhanj, Jajpur, Keonjhar and Bhadrak districts were the worst affected districts after cyclone Phailin triggered massive floods in the state.
The rescue operations are being carried out by the Army, state police, National Disaster Response Force and Odisha Disaster Response Force.
Cyclone has caused massive destruction and damage worth crores in the state. However, loss of lives was heavily minimised.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!