Cyclone Phailin: Rescue ops continue as thousands still stranded in floods
Zee Media Bureau
Bhubaneswar: Rescue operations continued for the third day on Wednesday even as thousands of people were stranded in floods in several parts of the state.
The worse-hit area was Balasore district in which rescue officials tried to reach people and provide them with food and other essentials.
Balasore, Mayurbhanj, Jajpur, Keonjhar and Bhadrak districts were the worst affected districts after cyclone Phailin triggered massive floods in the state.
The rescue operations are being carried out by the Army, state police, National Disaster Response Force and Odisha Disaster Response Force.
Cyclone has caused massive destruction and damage worth crores in the state. However, loss of lives was heavily minimised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH