Cyclone weakens, heavy rains likely in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Heavy rains were forecast in parts of Orissa on Monday as cyclonic storm `Jal` over southwest Bay of Bengal weakened into a depression, officials said.
The cyclonic storm weakened into a depression and crossed north Tamil Nadu and south Andhra Pradesh coast Sunday night, an official of the Bhubaneswar meteorological centre told a news agency.
It was laying centered over coastal areas of north Tamil Nadu and south Andhra Pradesh, about 60 km north of Chennai Sunday night.
Under its influence, heavy rainfall and thundershowers are expected in parts of Orissa in the next couple of days, the official said.
Two Orissa ports - Paradip and Gopalpur - have been advised to keep the storm warning signal hoisted. The fishermen in the state`s coastal belt have been asked to remain cautious while venturing into the sea, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt