Cyclone weakens, heavy rains likely in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Heavy rains were forecast in parts of Orissa on Monday as cyclonic storm `Jal` over southwest Bay of Bengal weakened into a depression, officials said.
The cyclonic storm weakened into a depression and crossed north Tamil Nadu and south Andhra Pradesh coast Sunday night, an official of the Bhubaneswar meteorological centre told a news agency.
It was laying centered over coastal areas of north Tamil Nadu and south Andhra Pradesh, about 60 km north of Chennai Sunday night.
Under its influence, heavy rainfall and thundershowers are expected in parts of Orissa in the next couple of days, the official said.
Two Orissa ports - Paradip and Gopalpur - have been advised to keep the storm warning signal hoisted. The fishermen in the state`s coastal belt have been asked to remain cautious while venturing into the sea, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?