Cyclone weakens, heavy rains likely in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Heavy rains were forecast in parts of Orissa on Monday as cyclonic storm `Jal` over southwest Bay of Bengal weakened into a depression, officials said.
The cyclonic storm weakened into a depression and crossed north Tamil Nadu and south Andhra Pradesh coast Sunday night, an official of the Bhubaneswar meteorological centre told a news agency.
It was laying centered over coastal areas of north Tamil Nadu and south Andhra Pradesh, about 60 km north of Chennai Sunday night.
Under its influence, heavy rainfall and thundershowers are expected in parts of Orissa in the next couple of days, the official said.
Two Orissa ports - Paradip and Gopalpur - have been advised to keep the storm warning signal hoisted. The fishermen in the state`s coastal belt have been asked to remain cautious while venturing into the sea, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP