Dalai Lama to inaugurate Buddhist monastery in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama will be visiting Orissa Monday to inaugurate a newly-constructed Buddhist monastery in Gajapati district, an official said Sunday.
The exiled Tibetan spiritual leader will arrive in state capital Bhubaneswar Monday on a four-day visit. He will fly to Chandragiri in Gajapati district in a chopper. During his stay in the Tibetan settlement, the Dalai Lama will inaugurate a five-storeyed monastery named Padma Sambhav Mahavira.
"We are geared up for the arrival of the Dalai Lama. During his four-day stay, he would also inaugurate the new monastery," spiritual leader of Chandragiri Ven Jigme Rimpoche said.
The entire Buddhist settlement in Chandragiri is decked up for the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly