Dalit girl raped in Odisha, four held
Bhubaneswar: Four men were arrested in Odisha`s Jajpur district for the rape of a 15-year-old Dalit girl two days ago, police said Friday.
The victim is a resident of Pahanga village, over 100 km from Bhubaneswar.
The incident occurred when she had gone to a nearby area to attend the call of nature Wednesday night, the inspector in charge of the local police station, Ashwini Sahu, said.
The men dragged her to a secluded place and one of them raped her while the others watched, he said.
Police arrested all four men, including the main offender, a day later on the basis of the complaint lodged by the victim. The four were remanded to judicial custody after a local court rejected their bail plea, he said.
The girl would be sent for medical examination Friday, he added.
In a separate incident, a man was arrested Thursday in Jeypore town of the state`s Koraput district for raping an 11-year-old girl.
The 24-year-old offender had allegedly gone to the girl`s house and asked for drinking water. Seeing the girl alone, he raped her, local police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing