Dalit rape victim to be shifted to AIIMS
Bhubaneswar: A committee of doctors on Saturday
decided to shift the dalit rape victim of Pipili to AIIMS,
Delhi for better treatment as CID made public photograph of
the prime accused.
"The girl`s condition has improved from coma to
semi-comatose state. The specialist committee monitoring her
health has decided to shift her to AIIMS for better reatment,"
said Sanjita Das, Administrative Officer of SCB Medical
College Hospital, Cuttack where she is battling for life.
The 19-year-old girl was shifted to SCB medical
college hospital from the Capital Hospital here following an
order from Orissa High Court.
The state health and family welfare department
secretary Anu Garg visited the medical college hospital and
held discussion with the super specialists on the health
condition of the victim.
Meanwhile, CID released a photograph of Pasei alias
Prashant Pradhan of Paparanga village under Pipili Police
Station after identifying him as the prime accused in the
November-28 rape case.
"The picture of three other accused will soon be
released," CID Director C B Abhay said.
Though the girl was allegedly raped by four persons on
November 28, 2011, police registerd an FIR on January 9, 2012
after the State Human Rights Commission intervened.
Separate police teams were on the look out for the
accused who have been absconding ever since the matter came to
Police have made elaborate secuirty arrangement in and
around the hospital as per direction of the High Court, said
Cuttack DCP Privin Kumar.
Demanding a CBI probe into the incident, the women
wing of Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) held a rally
and burnt the effigy of the Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik
slamming the government over rise in the crime against women.
Along with other political parties, the women also
demanded resignation of the Agriculture Minister Pradeep
Maharathy accusing him of harbouring the accused persons.
"Allegations against me are baseless. I welcome
judicial probe ordered by the government into the matter,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video