Dalits` houses burning: NHRC seeks report
New Delhi: The National Human Rights
Commission (NHRC) on Tuesday sought a report from the Odisha
government on destruction and burning of houses of Dalits in
The NHRC asked the government to submit the report within
four weeks on a complaint alleging that 30 houses of Dalits
were destroyed and burnt by some persons belonging to upper
castes in Lathore village on January 22.
The complainant had requested a high level inquiry in the
matter, legal action against the accused and adequate
compensation to the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!