Dalits` houses burning: NHRC seeks report
New Delhi: The National Human Rights
Commission (NHRC) on Tuesday sought a report from the Odisha
government on destruction and burning of houses of Dalits in
The NHRC asked the government to submit the report within
four weeks on a complaint alleging that 30 houses of Dalits
were destroyed and burnt by some persons belonging to upper
castes in Lathore village on January 22.
The complainant had requested a high level inquiry in the
matter, legal action against the accused and adequate
compensation to the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack