Dalits` houses burning: NHRC seeks report
New Delhi: The National Human Rights
Commission (NHRC) on Tuesday sought a report from the Odisha
government on destruction and burning of houses of Dalits in
The NHRC asked the government to submit the report within
four weeks on a complaint alleging that 30 houses of Dalits
were destroyed and burnt by some persons belonging to upper
castes in Lathore village on January 22.
The complainant had requested a high level inquiry in the
matter, legal action against the accused and adequate
compensation to the victims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why