`Dead` student walks back home
Sambalpur: A youth thought to be murdered earlier this month walked back home in Odisha`s Deogarh district, about a week after police arrested six persons in connection with the case.
Deogarh Police had arrested six persons in connection with purported murder of Dibyasankar Gartia of Bijayanagar of Deogarh district, a student of Diploma of Gurukul Engineering College, Bhubaneswar.
The six arrested persons were Santosh Jena, Satya Badia, Alok Behera, Rabindra Swain, Harihar Naik and Sudhir Badia, police said on Friday.
Dibyasankar and his friends had organised a party in Bijayanagar on July 8. However, Dibyasankar did not return home after the feast following which his father lodged a complaint in Deogarh Police Station on July 12, they said.
However, police spotted an unidentified decomposed body at Phoolpathar in Deogarh district on July 16 and parents of Dibyasankar were called to identify the body. The body was claimed to be that of Dibyasankar by family, they said.
The police sent the body for autopsy and later handed it over to the family for the last rites.
On July 17, police registered a murder case on the basis of the complaint of Dibyasankar`s father Joshodhara Gartia. Police also arrested six persons in this connection.
However, Dibyasankar came back yesterday after making a call to his father on Wednesday night from Bhubaneswar.
After getting the call, Dibyasankar?s father Joshodhara informed the police about the call.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur