Death penalty for Odisha man
Keonjhar (Odisha): A local court has
sentenced a man to death for killing three members of a family
at a village in Odisha`s Keonjhar district.
District and Sessions Judge Guru Prasad Sahu convicted
Suka Palei yesterday and sentenced him to death for the triple
murder at Bhaliadihi village on December nine, 2009.
According to the prosecution, Suka first axed to death
Sapana Dehuri (45) and his wife Phoola Dehuri (35) and later
killed their only son Ramesh (11) with a big stone.
Claiming himself to be innocent, Suka said he would
challenge the verdict in High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...