Death penalty for Odisha man
Keonjhar (Odisha): A local court has
sentenced a man to death for killing three members of a family
at a village in Odisha`s Keonjhar district.
District and Sessions Judge Guru Prasad Sahu convicted
Suka Palei yesterday and sentenced him to death for the triple
murder at Bhaliadihi village on December nine, 2009.
According to the prosecution, Suka first axed to death
Sapana Dehuri (45) and his wife Phoola Dehuri (35) and later
killed their only son Ramesh (11) with a big stone.
Claiming himself to be innocent, Suka said he would
challenge the verdict in High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September