Death penalty for Odisha man
Keonjhar (Odisha): A local court has
sentenced a man to death for killing three members of a family
at a village in Odisha`s Keonjhar district.
District and Sessions Judge Guru Prasad Sahu convicted
Suka Palei yesterday and sentenced him to death for the triple
murder at Bhaliadihi village on December nine, 2009.
According to the prosecution, Suka first axed to death
Sapana Dehuri (45) and his wife Phoola Dehuri (35) and later
killed their only son Ramesh (11) with a big stone.
Claiming himself to be innocent, Suka said he would
challenge the verdict in High Court.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III