Demand for extension of train route and change in schedule
Koraput: Activists under the banner Jeypore Jagaran Parishad (JJP) today demanded extension of the Koraput-Sambalpur train up to Bhubaneswar via Anugul and Dhenkanal.
In a memorandum to Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda, JJP has demanded the train be given `express` status and extended upto Bhubaneswar which now runs between Koraput and Sambalpur and always remains over-crowded.
"The lone Hirakhand Express which runs between Jagdalpur and Bhubaneswar via Koraput is not sufficient as hundreds of people from this part of the state travel to the state capital daily. The extension of the Koraput-Sambalpur train upto Bhubaneswar will immensely help the people," the memorandum said.
Presently the train leaves Sambalpur at 10 AM and reaches Koraput at 12.45 AM. On return journey, it leaves Koraput at 2.30 AM inconveniencing the passengers, JJP said.
Terming it as a long-standing demand of the people, convenor of JJP R K Gouda said a copy of the memorandum has also been sent to Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said