Demand for extension of train route and change in schedule
Koraput: Activists under the banner Jeypore Jagaran Parishad (JJP) today demanded extension of the Koraput-Sambalpur train up to Bhubaneswar via Anugul and Dhenkanal.
In a memorandum to Railway Minister Sadananda Gowda, JJP has demanded the train be given `express` status and extended upto Bhubaneswar which now runs between Koraput and Sambalpur and always remains over-crowded.
"The lone Hirakhand Express which runs between Jagdalpur and Bhubaneswar via Koraput is not sufficient as hundreds of people from this part of the state travel to the state capital daily. The extension of the Koraput-Sambalpur train upto Bhubaneswar will immensely help the people," the memorandum said.
Presently the train leaves Sambalpur at 10 AM and reaches Koraput at 12.45 AM. On return journey, it leaves Koraput at 2.30 AM inconveniencing the passengers, JJP said.
Terming it as a long-standing demand of the people, convenor of JJP R K Gouda said a copy of the memorandum has also been sent to Union Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas, Dharmendra Pradhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!