Dengue afflicts nine in Ganjam district
Berhampur (Odisha): The number of people afflicted with dengue rose to nine in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
After Berhampur and Hinjili towns, the vector-borne disease has spread to Aska and Digapahndi areas with the number of patients suffering from dengue mounting to nine, additional district medical officer (public health), L K Rath said here on Tuesday.
The dengue cases detected in the district included four in Berhampur area, three in Hinjili and one each in Aska and Digapahandi, he said.
Unofficial sources, however, put the number at 14.
Two dengue patients at the MKCG medical college hospital were discharged after being cured.
Rath said none have died of dengue in the district so far.
A team of doctors and officers visited Aska during the day to sensitise the people about spread of the disease after a case was detected in Benia, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Militants attack American university in Kabul
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI: All-round Lankans thrash clueless Aussies; level series 1-1
- Top five amazing benefits of spinach!
- When IIT directors chant Bharat Mata Ki Jai slogans during IIT council meet — Know what happened
- Last season `the best of my career`: Cristiano Ronaldo