Dengue afflicts nine in Ganjam district
Berhampur (Odisha): The number of people afflicted with dengue rose to nine in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
After Berhampur and Hinjili towns, the vector-borne disease has spread to Aska and Digapahndi areas with the number of patients suffering from dengue mounting to nine, additional district medical officer (public health), L K Rath said here on Tuesday.
The dengue cases detected in the district included four in Berhampur area, three in Hinjili and one each in Aska and Digapahandi, he said.
Unofficial sources, however, put the number at 14.
Two dengue patients at the MKCG medical college hospital were discharged after being cured.
Rath said none have died of dengue in the district so far.
A team of doctors and officers visited Aska during the day to sensitise the people about spread of the disease after a case was detected in Benia, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success