Dengue afflicts nine in Ganjam district
Berhampur (Odisha): The number of people afflicted with dengue rose to nine in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
After Berhampur and Hinjili towns, the vector-borne disease has spread to Aska and Digapahndi areas with the number of patients suffering from dengue mounting to nine, additional district medical officer (public health), L K Rath said here on Tuesday.
The dengue cases detected in the district included four in Berhampur area, three in Hinjili and one each in Aska and Digapahandi, he said.
Unofficial sources, however, put the number at 14.
Two dengue patients at the MKCG medical college hospital were discharged after being cured.
Rath said none have died of dengue in the district so far.
A team of doctors and officers visited Aska during the day to sensitise the people about spread of the disease after a case was detected in Benia, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh