Dengue afflicts nine in Ganjam district
Berhampur (Odisha): The number of people afflicted with dengue rose to nine in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
After Berhampur and Hinjili towns, the vector-borne disease has spread to Aska and Digapahndi areas with the number of patients suffering from dengue mounting to nine, additional district medical officer (public health), L K Rath said here on Tuesday.
The dengue cases detected in the district included four in Berhampur area, three in Hinjili and one each in Aska and Digapahandi, he said.
Unofficial sources, however, put the number at 14.
Two dengue patients at the MKCG medical college hospital were discharged after being cured.
Rath said none have died of dengue in the district so far.
A team of doctors and officers visited Aska during the day to sensitise the people about spread of the disease after a case was detected in Benia, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!