Dengue afflicts nine in Ganjam district
Berhampur (Odisha): The number of people afflicted with dengue rose to nine in Odisha`s Ganjam district.
After Berhampur and Hinjili towns, the vector-borne disease has spread to Aska and Digapahndi areas with the number of patients suffering from dengue mounting to nine, additional district medical officer (public health), L K Rath said here on Tuesday.
The dengue cases detected in the district included four in Berhampur area, three in Hinjili and one each in Aska and Digapahandi, he said.
Unofficial sources, however, put the number at 14.
Two dengue patients at the MKCG medical college hospital were discharged after being cured.
Rath said none have died of dengue in the district so far.
A team of doctors and officers visited Aska during the day to sensitise the people about spread of the disease after a case was detected in Benia, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?
- NASA explains the case of Ceres' missing large craters- Watch the video!