Dengue toll rises to 19 in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: With two more persons succumbing to dengue, the toll in the mosquito-borne disease in Orissa rose to 19 on Sunday, health department officials said.
The death of two persons, under treatment at separate city-based private hospitals, was reported today taking the dengue toll to 19 this season, they said, adding that the last two victims hailed from the worst-affected Angul district.
Of the 19 dengue victims, 15 alone belonged to the coal belt in Angul, while the rest four hailed from Balangir, Dhenkanal, Kendrapara and Deogarh districts each, the officials said.
As many as 519 persons have tested positive to dengue virus, which has spread in 21 of the 30 districts of the state, they said.
Most of the patients are undergoing treatment at different hospitals in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
Of the total 519 dengue positive cases, 259 were alone reported from Angul district followed by 58 in Jajpur, 56 in Cuttack and 55 in Dhenkanal, the reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof