Dengue toll rises to 19 in Orissa
Bhubaneswar: With two more persons succumbing to dengue, the toll in the mosquito-borne disease in Orissa rose to 19 on Sunday, health department officials said.
The death of two persons, under treatment at separate city-based private hospitals, was reported today taking the dengue toll to 19 this season, they said, adding that the last two victims hailed from the worst-affected Angul district.
Of the 19 dengue victims, 15 alone belonged to the coal belt in Angul, while the rest four hailed from Balangir, Dhenkanal, Kendrapara and Deogarh districts each, the officials said.
As many as 519 persons have tested positive to dengue virus, which has spread in 21 of the 30 districts of the state, they said.
Most of the patients are undergoing treatment at different hospitals in Bhubaneswar and Cuttack.
Of the total 519 dengue positive cases, 259 were alone reported from Angul district followed by 58 in Jajpur, 56 in Cuttack and 55 in Dhenkanal, the reports said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him