DGM burning: Company declares lock-out
Balangir (Orissa): Days after the deputy
general manager of a private company was burnt to death by
angry workers at Titlagarh, the company declared a lock-out
of the plant on Sunday.
Graphite India Ltd of Powmex steel division declared
lock-out of the plant till further orders, district Labour
Officer, Pradip Bhoi said.
The lock-out notice was put up on the main gate of the
plant with a large number of policemen guarding the plant.
Altogether 360 workers, including 114 contractual
labourers of the plant, were on dharna in front of the plant
for the last few days to press their demands which included
pay hike and regularisation of the contractual workers.
R S Roy, Deputy General Manager (Operations) of the
plant was burnt to death when his official jeep was set ablaze
outside the factory premises by agitating workers while he was
on way to his house for lunch on March three.
Six employees of the plant have so far been arrested in
connection with the incident, Superintendent of Police Ajay
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- PM Modi calls for protection of environment on 'Mann Ki Baat'
- At least 13 dead in Vietnam bus smash
- Sonakshi Sinha does not believe in gender discrimination!
- SALUTE! This boy from UP's Mainpuri has no arms but secured 71.8% in 10th board exams - WATCH interview
- Now pay your medical insurance premium in EMIs