Dhenkanal court issue NBWs against 2 BSL officials
Dhenkanal: A local court on Friday issued non-bailable warrants against two senior officials of Bhushan Steel Limited in connection with some cases against the company.
Sub-divisional Judicial Magistrate, Dhenkanal, Abhilash Senapati issued NBWs against two senior BSL officials in connection with the cases pending against the company since 2009, said government pleader Soleman Khan.
The officers against whom the NBWs are issued have been identified as Rahul Sengupta, member, Board of Directors and Satish Tyagi, senior vice president of BSL. The court issued the NBWs against the duo for not appearing in the court in four different cases.
Of the four cases, one pertains to 2009 and the rest three to 2011, Khan said.
State secretary of CPI(M) Janardan Pati said though three senior officers of the company have been arrested and sent to jail, the government must take initiative to arrest owner of BSL.
He said the government must arrest owner of BSL as the labour department and Odisha State Pollution Control Board have already filed as many as 69 cases against the company during a span of seven years.
The NBWs came within 10 days of a fire accident at BSL`s factory at Meramundali in Dhenkanal district on November 13 that killed two persons.
At least two persons died and 29 other workers sustained injuries in the incident, labour commissioner Salini Pandit said.
Meanwhile, trade union members today held demonstrations at Dhenkanal district Collectorate`s house here demanding arrest of company owners for the mishap.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends