Differently abled persons stage dharna
Berhampur : Differently able persons in Ganjam district of Odisha staged a dharna here on Wednesday alleging discrimination in provision of additional foodgrains to them.
"Several families of disable people are not included in the list of beneficiaries to get additional foodgrain quota allotted to the district", leader of the Odisha Bikalanga Manch Debasish Paramanik alleged.
The government is providing 35 kg rice to the persons under the below poverty line (BPL) and those with disability following the Court order.
In Ganjam, we have seen many families of the disabled persons who are deprived of the benefit,? he said.
The disable persons alleged though they approached the administration demanding inclusion of their names in the list of the beneficiaries, they were not enrolled.
?We not only protest but also demand punishment to those responsibile for this,? he said
A government officer, however, said the list of beneficiaries was prepared by the Gram Sabha.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail