Differently abled persons stage dharna
Berhampur : Differently able persons in Ganjam district of Odisha staged a dharna here on Wednesday alleging discrimination in provision of additional foodgrains to them.
"Several families of disable people are not included in the list of beneficiaries to get additional foodgrain quota allotted to the district", leader of the Odisha Bikalanga Manch Debasish Paramanik alleged.
The government is providing 35 kg rice to the persons under the below poverty line (BPL) and those with disability following the Court order.
In Ganjam, we have seen many families of the disabled persons who are deprived of the benefit,? he said.
The disable persons alleged though they approached the administration demanding inclusion of their names in the list of the beneficiaries, they were not enrolled.
?We not only protest but also demand punishment to those responsibile for this,? he said
A government officer, however, said the list of beneficiaries was prepared by the Gram Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state