Differently abled persons stage dharna
Berhampur : Differently able persons in Ganjam district of Odisha staged a dharna here on Wednesday alleging discrimination in provision of additional foodgrains to them.
"Several families of disable people are not included in the list of beneficiaries to get additional foodgrain quota allotted to the district", leader of the Odisha Bikalanga Manch Debasish Paramanik alleged.
The government is providing 35 kg rice to the persons under the below poverty line (BPL) and those with disability following the Court order.
In Ganjam, we have seen many families of the disabled persons who are deprived of the benefit,? he said.
The disable persons alleged though they approached the administration demanding inclusion of their names in the list of the beneficiaries, they were not enrolled.
?We not only protest but also demand punishment to those responsibile for this,? he said
A government officer, however, said the list of beneficiaries was prepared by the Gram Sabha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand