Does BJD have a Dalit killer MLA: Cong to Naveen
Bhubaneswar: Opposition Congress on Tuesday sought a clarification from Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik over the reported "Dalit Killer" remark of a minister against a former minister and a senior BJD MLA.
The issue was raised during the zero hour by Congress Chief Whip Prasad Harichandan who wanted a clarification from the Chief Minister, who is also the president of BJD.
Health and Family Welfare minister Damodar Rout in an interview to an English daily described Jagatsinghpur MLA and former minister Bishnu Charan Das as a "Dalit Killer", Harichandan pointed out.
Similarly, Das retaliated and dubbed Rout as a "Devil" in another English daily, the Congress leader said.
Referring to a rally held against Rout yesterday, Harichandan said the allegation and counter allegation by two senior BJD members - Rout and Das - had diminished the dignity of the Assembly.
Under such situation, the Chief Minister should come forward and give clarification on the matter concerning his party MLAs.
"Should we take it (Rout`s Dalit Killer remark) as the state government`s version," Harichandan asked adding that a minister`s statement is generally considered as the stand of the government.
Is it a fact that the ruling BJD has a "Dalit Killer" MLA? Harichandan asked seeking immediate clarification.
Rout and Das are known rivals in Jagatsinghpur district and quite often they accuse each other for some matter or the other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof