Don’t publish or telecast 13/7 CCTV footage: ATS
Mumbai: Maharashtra ATS on Monday requested
media organisations not to publish, display or telecast any
CCTV footage or coverage of the Mumbai serial blasts to
protect the identity of the witnesses.
The appeal came in the wake of some news channels today
telecasting a CCTV footage of one of the blast sites.
"This is an earnest plea to the media not to publish,
display or telecast any CCTV footage of the bomb blast
incidents, which is unfortunately being presently telecast on
certain TV channels," ATS chief Rakesh Maria said in a release
"Doing so may lead to the disclosure of the identity
of the witnesses in this important case," he said.
"This case is being investigated under sections of the
Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, where there are special
provisions to protect the identity of witnesses. Hence, in the
interest of the investigation the above request is being
made," Maria stated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- The dew drop of Saturn – See pic!
- LeEco to launch Made in India phone in its event today?
- Ahead of PM Modi's US visit, USCIRF report says 'intolerance has risen in India'
- Gold price eyes $1,300 again as weaker dollar, fund inflows support
- Kerala law student raped, murdered at home: Read chilling details of post-mortem report here