Double blow to doctors in Pipili rape case
Cuttack (Odisha): While Odisha`s crime branch police probing the sensational Pipili rape case on Tuesday filed its fourth charge sheet warranting the trial of SCB Medical College superintendent DN Moharana and two other doctors, Judicial Commission inquiring into the same matter also issued notices to Moharana and six others asking them to file their affidavit before it by June 30.
The crime branch police, who had earlier filed charge sheets in the case against five persons, including former Pipili police inspector Amulya Kumar Champatray, submitted its fourth charge sheet in a Pipili court accusing three doctors, including Moharana of neglecting in treatment to a dalit girl.
Two other doctors of Capital Hospital in Bhubaneswar Milan Mitra and KC Sahu - are also accused in the case under section 4 of SC and ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, said a press release issued by the crime branch police here.
Moharana, Mitra and Sahu were not immediately available for comment.
On the other hand, the Justice PK Mohanty Commission of Enquiry holding its fifth seating on the day issued notices to Moharana and four other doctors, including Mitra and Sahu under section 8 of Commission of Enquiry Act.
Former Puri SP Amitendra Nath Sinha, IPS, who was removed from his post in the aftermath of the hue and cry over the incident and Pipili SDPO Rajendra Rout were also issued notices by the Commission as their names appeared in some of the affidavits received by it.
The Commission has asked all these persons to file their affidavits by June 30 this year and fixed the next date of hearing on the case to June 20.
Meanwhile, the Commission has received 37 affidavits by different people, including that of dismissed police inspector Champatray. The cop was asked by the Commission to file affidavit and perhaps after vetting his affidavit, the Commission issued notices to senior police officers Sinha and Rout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok