Dowry case: Bail petition of ex-minister`s son rejected for third time
Balasore: The bail application of Raja Shree Mohanty, son of former Odisha Law Minister Raghunath Mohanty, was on Monday rejected for the third time by a court here in a dowry case.
The Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate, Balasore, heard the bail petition moved by Raja Shree`s advocate which stated that he was suffering from hypertension while in judicial custody.
The court, however, rejected the plea observing that "there is no change in circumstances," assistant Public Prosecutor Arun Behera said.
The courts of the SDJM and the district session judge had earlier rejected his bail petition twice on the ground that other accused persons allegedly involved in the dowry torture case had not been arrested so far.
Doctors, on the request of Raja Shree`s petition before the SDJM, had submitted a status report on his health.
Raja Shree, who was arrested on March 17 near Cuttack, was produced before the SDJM court at Balasore by the HRPC on March 18 and remanded to judicial custody for 14 days as his bail plea was rejected by the court.
The police had registered a case under relevant sections of the IPC and the Dowry Prohibition Act against the former minister and other members of his family after Raja Shree`s wife Barsa Swony Choudhury filed an FIR on March 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'