Dowry case: Bail petition of ex-minister`s son rejected for third time
Balasore: The bail application of Raja Shree Mohanty, son of former Odisha Law Minister Raghunath Mohanty, was on Monday rejected for the third time by a court here in a dowry case.
The Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate, Balasore, heard the bail petition moved by Raja Shree`s advocate which stated that he was suffering from hypertension while in judicial custody.
The court, however, rejected the plea observing that "there is no change in circumstances," assistant Public Prosecutor Arun Behera said.
The courts of the SDJM and the district session judge had earlier rejected his bail petition twice on the ground that other accused persons allegedly involved in the dowry torture case had not been arrested so far.
Doctors, on the request of Raja Shree`s petition before the SDJM, had submitted a status report on his health.
Raja Shree, who was arrested on March 17 near Cuttack, was produced before the SDJM court at Balasore by the HRPC on March 18 and remanded to judicial custody for 14 days as his bail plea was rejected by the court.
The police had registered a case under relevant sections of the IPC and the Dowry Prohibition Act against the former minister and other members of his family after Raja Shree`s wife Barsa Swony Choudhury filed an FIR on March 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo