Dowry case: Bail petition of ex-minister`s son rejected for third time
Balasore: The bail application of Raja Shree Mohanty, son of former Odisha Law Minister Raghunath Mohanty, was on Monday rejected for the third time by a court here in a dowry case.
The Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate, Balasore, heard the bail petition moved by Raja Shree`s advocate which stated that he was suffering from hypertension while in judicial custody.
The court, however, rejected the plea observing that "there is no change in circumstances," assistant Public Prosecutor Arun Behera said.
The courts of the SDJM and the district session judge had earlier rejected his bail petition twice on the ground that other accused persons allegedly involved in the dowry torture case had not been arrested so far.
Doctors, on the request of Raja Shree`s petition before the SDJM, had submitted a status report on his health.
Raja Shree, who was arrested on March 17 near Cuttack, was produced before the SDJM court at Balasore by the HRPC on March 18 and remanded to judicial custody for 14 days as his bail plea was rejected by the court.
The police had registered a case under relevant sections of the IPC and the Dowry Prohibition Act against the former minister and other members of his family after Raja Shree`s wife Barsa Swony Choudhury filed an FIR on March 14.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory