Dowry case: Bail petition of ex-minister`s son rejected for third time
Balasore: The bail application of Raja Shree Mohanty, son of former Odisha Law Minister Raghunath Mohanty, was on Monday rejected for the third time by a court here in a dowry case.
The Sub-Divisional Judicial Magistrate, Balasore, heard the bail petition moved by Raja Shree`s advocate which stated that he was suffering from hypertension while in judicial custody.
The court, however, rejected the plea observing that "there is no change in circumstances," assistant Public Prosecutor Arun Behera said.
The courts of the SDJM and the district session judge had earlier rejected his bail petition twice on the ground that other accused persons allegedly involved in the dowry torture case had not been arrested so far.
Doctors, on the request of Raja Shree`s petition before the SDJM, had submitted a status report on his health.
Raja Shree, who was arrested on March 17 near Cuttack, was produced before the SDJM court at Balasore by the HRPC on March 18 and remanded to judicial custody for 14 days as his bail plea was rejected by the court.
The police had registered a case under relevant sections of the IPC and the Dowry Prohibition Act against the former minister and other members of his family after Raja Shree`s wife Barsa Swony Choudhury filed an FIR on March 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why