Dowry case: Court to hear ex-Odisha minister’s bail plea
Bhubaneswar: Balasore court will on Tuesday take up bail petition of former Odisha Law Minister Raghunath Mohanty and his wife who have been arrested in connection with a dowry-torture case slapped by their daughter-in-law.
Mohanty and his wife Pritilata, arrested from Howrah district of West Bengal on Saturday and produced in the court at Balasore, were sent to jail till Tuesday.
The court will today take up their case after verifying the case dairy.
Mohanty`s daughter-in-law Barsa Swony Choudhury had on March 14, 2013 filed an FIR against her parents-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband.
While the Mohanty couple and their son Raja Shree have been arrested, their daughter Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual, a doctor by profession, are still at large.
"All five are equally responsible for physical and mental torture on me. Therefore, I demand the arrest of Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual," Barsa said.
Subhendu`s mother Sanjukta Madhual claimed her son was innocent. "Though Subhendu is married to Mohanty`s daughter, he rarely visits his in-laws` house. He rarely meets Barsa. Therefore, the allegation against my son is false," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?