Dowry case: Court to hear ex-Odisha minister’s bail plea
Bhubaneswar: Balasore court will on Tuesday take up bail petition of former Odisha Law Minister Raghunath Mohanty and his wife who have been arrested in connection with a dowry-torture case slapped by their daughter-in-law.
Mohanty and his wife Pritilata, arrested from Howrah district of West Bengal on Saturday and produced in the court at Balasore, were sent to jail till Tuesday.
The court will today take up their case after verifying the case dairy.
Mohanty`s daughter-in-law Barsa Swony Choudhury had on March 14, 2013 filed an FIR against her parents-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband.
While the Mohanty couple and their son Raja Shree have been arrested, their daughter Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual, a doctor by profession, are still at large.
"All five are equally responsible for physical and mental torture on me. Therefore, I demand the arrest of Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual," Barsa said.
Subhendu`s mother Sanjukta Madhual claimed her son was innocent. "Though Subhendu is married to Mohanty`s daughter, he rarely visits his in-laws` house. He rarely meets Barsa. Therefore, the allegation against my son is false," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Aditi and Mohit Malik’s Indonesian vacation will give you honeymoon goals
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today