Dowry case: Court to hear ex-Odisha minister’s bail plea
Bhubaneswar: Balasore court will on Tuesday take up bail petition of former Odisha Law Minister Raghunath Mohanty and his wife who have been arrested in connection with a dowry-torture case slapped by their daughter-in-law.
Mohanty and his wife Pritilata, arrested from Howrah district of West Bengal on Saturday and produced in the court at Balasore, were sent to jail till Tuesday.
The court will today take up their case after verifying the case dairy.
Mohanty`s daughter-in-law Barsa Swony Choudhury had on March 14, 2013 filed an FIR against her parents-in-law, sister-in-law and her husband.
While the Mohanty couple and their son Raja Shree have been arrested, their daughter Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual, a doctor by profession, are still at large.
"All five are equally responsible for physical and mental torture on me. Therefore, I demand the arrest of Rupasree and her husband Subhendu Madhual," Barsa said.
Subhendu`s mother Sanjukta Madhual claimed her son was innocent. "Though Subhendu is married to Mohanty`s daughter, he rarely visits his in-laws` house. He rarely meets Barsa. Therefore, the allegation against my son is false," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say