Dowry torture case: Odisha ADG ready to be investigated
Bhubaneswar: Senior IPS officer Gopabandhu Mallick, who has been named in a dowry torture case by his sister-in-law, on Saturday said he would cooperate in the investigation.
"In a democracy, all citizens have right to file FIR and it is the duty of police to investigate the allegations. Let the investigating officer unearth the truth. I will cooperate with the police," Mallick, the Additional Director General of Police and chief investigator at the Odisha Human Rights Commission, told reporters here.
The FIR was filed by Santoshini Mallick, the wife of the ADG`s brother.
The FIR was also filed against her husband Nanda Kishore Mallick, father-in-law Purna Chandra Mallick, mother-in-law Suhasini Mallick, sister-in-law Bhavani Mallick, her husband Gopabandhu Mallick and brother-in-law Akshya Mallick.
Santoshini, mother of two daughters, alleged that she was physically and mentally tortured by her inlaws for dowry.
"They tortured me for dowry. Mallick (ADG) has separated me from my daughters," Santoshini told reporters.
"Mallick (ADG) threatened to engage goons to eliminate me if I dared to lodge FIR against him," Santoshini alleged.
Meanwhile, the Balasore Town Police Station which registered the case against the senior IPS officer and others, shifted it to the Sahadev Khunta Police Station in Balsore town which began investigations and recorded Santoshini`s statement.
Santoshini`s in-laws` house is in the jurisdiction of Sahadev Khunta Police Station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre