DRDO to display models of missiles
Bhubaneswar: India`s premier military weapons developer, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), will display models of its innovations at the Jan 3-7 Indian Science Congress (ISC) in Bhubaneswar.
The 99th edition of ISC, the largest national science event in India, is scheduled to be held at the KIIT University complex in Bhubaneswar. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will inaugurate it.
More than 15,000 delegates, including 500 foreign scientists and 20 Nobel laureates, are expected to participate in the five-day event.
"Glimpses of technological might of DRDO will be on display," senior DRDO official Ravi Kumar Gupta said in a statement.
The star attractions among the models will be missiles Agni, Prithvi, Nag, Akash, BrahMos and Astra, he said.
The KIIT and the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) are jointly hosting the ISC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured