DRDO to display models of missiles
Bhubaneswar: India`s premier military weapons developer, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), will display models of its innovations at the Jan 3-7 Indian Science Congress (ISC) in Bhubaneswar.
The 99th edition of ISC, the largest national science event in India, is scheduled to be held at the KIIT University complex in Bhubaneswar. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will inaugurate it.
More than 15,000 delegates, including 500 foreign scientists and 20 Nobel laureates, are expected to participate in the five-day event.
"Glimpses of technological might of DRDO will be on display," senior DRDO official Ravi Kumar Gupta said in a statement.
The star attractions among the models will be missiles Agni, Prithvi, Nag, Akash, BrahMos and Astra, he said.
The KIIT and the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) are jointly hosting the ISC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media