DRDO to display models of missiles
Bhubaneswar: India`s premier military weapons developer, the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), will display models of its innovations at the Jan 3-7 Indian Science Congress (ISC) in Bhubaneswar.
The 99th edition of ISC, the largest national science event in India, is scheduled to be held at the KIIT University complex in Bhubaneswar. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will inaugurate it.
More than 15,000 delegates, including 500 foreign scientists and 20 Nobel laureates, are expected to participate in the five-day event.
"Glimpses of technological might of DRDO will be on display," senior DRDO official Ravi Kumar Gupta said in a statement.
The star attractions among the models will be missiles Agni, Prithvi, Nag, Akash, BrahMos and Astra, he said.
The KIIT and the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) are jointly hosting the ISC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand