Earrings of deity missing from Jagannath Temple
Puri: Two silver earrings of Lord Ganesh were found missing from Sri Jagannath temple premises here on Saturday.
"Two earrings of Lord Ganesh weighing about 250 gram are missing," Bhagaban Panda, the priest in-charge of the deity, said.
A complaint had been lodged with the Singhadwar polic station and investigation was on with the help of forensic team, police said.
Lord Ganesh temple formed part of several smaller ones encircling the main temple known in local parlance as `Bhittar Bedha`, located on the southern gate of the 12th
Though all smaller temples and the main shrine remain closed during night hours, temple guards along with armed police man all the four gates of the edifice round-the-clock.
However, it baffled many as to how the ornaments could be taken away without breaking the lock and why other silver ornaments of the deity were spared.
The silver earrings were donated to the Lord by a devotee about 10 years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city