Earrings of deity missing from Jagannath Temple
Puri: Two silver earrings of Lord Ganesh were found missing from Sri Jagannath temple premises here on Saturday.
"Two earrings of Lord Ganesh weighing about 250 gram are missing," Bhagaban Panda, the priest in-charge of the deity, said.
A complaint had been lodged with the Singhadwar polic station and investigation was on with the help of forensic team, police said.
Lord Ganesh temple formed part of several smaller ones encircling the main temple known in local parlance as `Bhittar Bedha`, located on the southern gate of the 12th
Though all smaller temples and the main shrine remain closed during night hours, temple guards along with armed police man all the four gates of the edifice round-the-clock.
However, it baffled many as to how the ornaments could be taken away without breaking the lock and why other silver ornaments of the deity were spared.
The silver earrings were donated to the Lord by a devotee about 10 years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you