Earrings of deity missing from Jagannath Temple
Puri: Two silver earrings of Lord Ganesh were found missing from Sri Jagannath temple premises here on Saturday.
"Two earrings of Lord Ganesh weighing about 250 gram are missing," Bhagaban Panda, the priest in-charge of the deity, said.
A complaint had been lodged with the Singhadwar polic station and investigation was on with the help of forensic team, police said.
Lord Ganesh temple formed part of several smaller ones encircling the main temple known in local parlance as `Bhittar Bedha`, located on the southern gate of the 12th
Though all smaller temples and the main shrine remain closed during night hours, temple guards along with armed police man all the four gates of the edifice round-the-clock.
However, it baffled many as to how the ornaments could be taken away without breaking the lock and why other silver ornaments of the deity were spared.
The silver earrings were donated to the Lord by a devotee about 10 years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JKCET-II 2016: Admit card released at www.jakbopee.org, check how to download
- Mercedes' Nico Rosberg signs a new two-year deal, extending his stay to 2018
- Scorpio with 'Intelli-Hybrid' tech launched at Rs 9.74 lakh
- Most Germans fear terrorist attack after train axe assault: Poll
- My son didn't do anything wrong: Dayashankar Singh's mother