Earrings of deity missing from Jagannath Temple
Puri: Two silver earrings of
Lord Ganesh were found missing from Sri Jagannath temple
premises here on Saturday.
"Two earrings of Lord Ganesh weighing about 250 gram
are missing," Bhagaban Panda, the priest in-charge of the
A complaint had been lodged with the Singhadwar police
station and investigation was on with the help of forensic
team, police said.
Lord Ganesh temple formed part of several smaller
ones encircling the main temple known in local parlance as
`Bhittar Bedha`, located on the southern gate of the 12th
Though all smaller temples and the main shrine remain
closed during night hours, temple guards along with armed
police man all the four gates of the edifice round-the-clock.
However, it baffled many as to how the ornaments could
be taken away without breaking the lock and why other silver
ornaments of the deity were spared.
The silver earrings were donated to the Lord by a
devotee about 10 years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India