Earrings of deity missing from Jagannath Temple
Puri: Two silver earrings of
Lord Ganesh were found missing from Sri Jagannath temple
premises here on Saturday.
"Two earrings of Lord Ganesh weighing about 250 gram
are missing," Bhagaban Panda, the priest in-charge of the
A complaint had been lodged with the Singhadwar police
station and investigation was on with the help of forensic
team, police said.
Lord Ganesh temple formed part of several smaller
ones encircling the main temple known in local parlance as
`Bhittar Bedha`, located on the southern gate of the 12th
Though all smaller temples and the main shrine remain
closed during night hours, temple guards along with armed
police man all the four gates of the edifice round-the-clock.
However, it baffled many as to how the ornaments could
be taken away without breaking the lock and why other silver
ornaments of the deity were spared.
The silver earrings were donated to the Lord by a
devotee about 10 years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- PM Modi hosts Rio medallists PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, national sports awardees
- 40 dead as Turkish shelling, raids hit Syrian civilians
- ACB questions former Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit in water tanker scam
- CAB planning Jagmohan Dalmiya Memorial Lecture during home season
- Dhyan Chand should have got Bharat Ratna ahead of Sachin Tendulkar, says former greats