Earrings of deity missing from Jagannath Temple
Puri: Two silver earrings of
Lord Ganesh were found missing from Sri Jagannath temple
premises here on Saturday.
"Two earrings of Lord Ganesh weighing about 250 gram
are missing," Bhagaban Panda, the priest in-charge of the
A complaint had been lodged with the Singhadwar police
station and investigation was on with the help of forensic
team, police said.
Lord Ganesh temple formed part of several smaller
ones encircling the main temple known in local parlance as
`Bhittar Bedha`, located on the southern gate of the 12th
Though all smaller temples and the main shrine remain
closed during night hours, temple guards along with armed
police man all the four gates of the edifice round-the-clock.
However, it baffled many as to how the ornaments could
be taken away without breaking the lock and why other silver
ornaments of the deity were spared.
The silver earrings were donated to the Lord by a
devotee about 10 years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Indian submarine documents stolen, not leaked: French source
- Stephen Constantine names probable squad for Puerto Rico match
- RBI lets banks issue masala bonds, to accept corporate bonds in LAF
- Angry Mehbooba ends press meet with Rajnath abruptly
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO