Earrings of deity missing from Jagannath Temple
Puri: Two silver earrings of
Lord Ganesh were found missing from Sri Jagannath temple
premises here on Saturday.
"Two earrings of Lord Ganesh weighing about 250 gram
are missing," Bhagaban Panda, the priest in-charge of the
A complaint had been lodged with the Singhadwar police
station and investigation was on with the help of forensic
team, police said.
Lord Ganesh temple formed part of several smaller
ones encircling the main temple known in local parlance as
`Bhittar Bedha`, located on the southern gate of the 12th
Though all smaller temples and the main shrine remain
closed during night hours, temple guards along with armed
police man all the four gates of the edifice round-the-clock.
However, it baffled many as to how the ornaments could
be taken away without breaking the lock and why other silver
ornaments of the deity were spared.
The silver earrings were donated to the Lord by a
devotee about 10 years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry