Earrings of deity missing from Jagannath Temple
Puri: Two silver earrings of
Lord Ganesh were found missing from Sri Jagannath temple
premises here on Saturday.
"Two earrings of Lord Ganesh weighing about 250 gram
are missing," Bhagaban Panda, the priest in-charge of the
A complaint had been lodged with the Singhadwar police
station and investigation was on with the help of forensic
team, police said.
Lord Ganesh temple formed part of several smaller
ones encircling the main temple known in local parlance as
`Bhittar Bedha`, located on the southern gate of the 12th
Though all smaller temples and the main shrine remain
closed during night hours, temple guards along with armed
police man all the four gates of the edifice round-the-clock.
However, it baffled many as to how the ornaments could
be taken away without breaking the lock and why other silver
ornaments of the deity were spared.
The silver earrings were donated to the Lord by a
devotee about 10 years ago.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference