EC issues notification for 2nd phase of polling in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Election Commission of India today issued notification for the second phase of polls in 11 Lok Sabha and 77 assembly seats of Odisha on April 17.
The process of filing nomination papers has begun with notification for the second phase elections, said Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Mona Sharma.
"The candidates can file their nominations from 11 AM to 3 PM from today up to March 26. The scrutiny of nomination papers would be held on March 27 while the last date for withdrawal nomination is on March 29," she said.
However, there will be no nomination filing on government holidays, she said adding that polling of votes will take place from 7 am till 6 pm on April 17.
The 11 Lok Sabha seats under which voting will take place for Assembly elections along Parliamentary polls on April 17 are: Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj, Balasore, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Dhenkanal, Cuttack, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Puri and Bhubaneswar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical