EC issues notification for 2nd phase of polling in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Election Commission of India today issued notification for the second phase of polls in 11 Lok Sabha and 77 assembly seats of Odisha on April 17.
The process of filing nomination papers has begun with notification for the second phase elections, said Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Mona Sharma.
"The candidates can file their nominations from 11 AM to 3 PM from today up to March 26. The scrutiny of nomination papers would be held on March 27 while the last date for withdrawal nomination is on March 29," she said.
However, there will be no nomination filing on government holidays, she said adding that polling of votes will take place from 7 am till 6 pm on April 17.
The 11 Lok Sabha seats under which voting will take place for Assembly elections along Parliamentary polls on April 17 are: Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj, Balasore, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Dhenkanal, Cuttack, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Puri and Bhubaneswar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?