EC issues notification for 2nd phase of polling in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Election Commission of India today issued notification for the second phase of polls in 11 Lok Sabha and 77 assembly seats of Odisha on April 17.
The process of filing nomination papers has begun with notification for the second phase elections, said Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) Mona Sharma.
"The candidates can file their nominations from 11 AM to 3 PM from today up to March 26. The scrutiny of nomination papers would be held on March 27 while the last date for withdrawal nomination is on March 29," she said.
However, there will be no nomination filing on government holidays, she said adding that polling of votes will take place from 7 am till 6 pm on April 17.
The 11 Lok Sabha seats under which voting will take place for Assembly elections along Parliamentary polls on April 17 are: Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj, Balasore, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Dhenkanal, Cuttack, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Puri and Bhubaneswar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur