ECoR authorities to double fine amount for spitting
Bhubaneswar: Encouraged over success of its anti-spitting drive in the East Coast Railway (ECoR) Zone, the authorities were now contemplating to double the fine amount, official sources said.
At least 2040 persons have been fined for spitting and littering Railway premises during the cleanliness and anti-spitting drive by the ECoR during last one month.
An amount of Rs 1,28,570 have also been raised as fine from the persons who have spitted and littered the premises.
"Railway is also considering enhancing the fine to double in order to totally stop spitting and littering in railway premises against the rate fixed earlier," a senior official said.
Spitting and littering will entail a fine of Rs 100 at ?A1? Class Stations like Bhubaneswar, Puri and Visakhapatnam, Rs 50 at ?A? Class stations like Bhadrak, Brahmapur, Cuttack, Jajpur-Keonjhar Road, Khurda Road, Palasa, Rayagada, Srikakulam Road, Vizianagaram and Sambalpur and Rs 30 will be charged at rest of the stations under ECoR jurisdiction, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II