ECoR authorities to double fine amount for spitting
Bhubaneswar: Encouraged over success of its anti-spitting drive in the East Coast Railway (ECoR) Zone, the authorities were now contemplating to double the fine amount, official sources said.
At least 2040 persons have been fined for spitting and littering Railway premises during the cleanliness and anti-spitting drive by the ECoR during last one month.
An amount of Rs 1,28,570 have also been raised as fine from the persons who have spitted and littered the premises.
"Railway is also considering enhancing the fine to double in order to totally stop spitting and littering in railway premises against the rate fixed earlier," a senior official said.
Spitting and littering will entail a fine of Rs 100 at ?A1? Class Stations like Bhubaneswar, Puri and Visakhapatnam, Rs 50 at ?A? Class stations like Bhadrak, Brahmapur, Cuttack, Jajpur-Keonjhar Road, Khurda Road, Palasa, Rayagada, Srikakulam Road, Vizianagaram and Sambalpur and Rs 30 will be charged at rest of the stations under ECoR jurisdiction, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past