ECoR authorities to double fine amount for spitting
Bhubaneswar: Encouraged over success of its anti-spitting drive in the East Coast Railway (ECoR) Zone, the authorities were now contemplating to double the fine amount, official sources said.
At least 2040 persons have been fined for spitting and littering Railway premises during the cleanliness and anti-spitting drive by the ECoR during last one month.
An amount of Rs 1,28,570 have also been raised as fine from the persons who have spitted and littered the premises.
"Railway is also considering enhancing the fine to double in order to totally stop spitting and littering in railway premises against the rate fixed earlier," a senior official said.
Spitting and littering will entail a fine of Rs 100 at ?A1? Class Stations like Bhubaneswar, Puri and Visakhapatnam, Rs 50 at ?A? Class stations like Bhadrak, Brahmapur, Cuttack, Jajpur-Keonjhar Road, Khurda Road, Palasa, Rayagada, Srikakulam Road, Vizianagaram and Sambalpur and Rs 30 will be charged at rest of the stations under ECoR jurisdiction, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar
- Searching for weekend get aways in South? Give it a look